Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hats off to our Heroes!

We always talk about how, as wives and mothers, we wear so many hats. We are chefs and referees, accountants and taxi drivers, doctors and fort builders. But have you thought about the many hats your husband wears? And have you thanked him for his willingness and ability to wear them?

A few nights ago I woke up very startled at what sounded to me like something tapping on our front door. I won't lie- it SCARED me. I don't know if my husband heard the sound himself or if he just heard me begging him to check it out, but he jumped out of bed and ran straight to the front door. That's what our men do. Our men are warriors. They run straight to the danger. I thanked him for saving me from the alarming noise which turned out to be an overturned trashcan that the raccoons were playing with. But last night I thought about it again and I took a moment to thank him for being our protector and shared with him how much it means to me to be married to someone who always puts our safety above his own.

What hats does your husband wear? Some common hats are that of provider, protector, chauffer, coach, teacher, counselor, friend, lover, accountant, mechanic, grounds keeper, fitness instructor, etc.. Have you thanked him for being any of these things lately? Maybe your husband plays a unique role in your family. Is your husband the chef or the primary child care provider? Thank him! What special abilities and talents has God given him that he uses for the good of your family? As I type this I'm reminded that my husband is my public defender- when I'm on the phone with some company's representative that starts to try and bully me, my husband is right there to remind them who they are speaking with and how he expects them to speak to me. I need to thank him for that!

I challenge you today to think of the hats your husband wears today and thank God for giving him those talents and abilities. Then go thank your husband for his willingness to do those things for your family. Get creative in how you thank him! A little love and encouragement goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment